I designed the Mercury Head to be an ergonomic, road-worthy guitar with a unique, modern twist. You’ll see some components that look familiar, but you’ll also see some features that make the Mercury Head more reliable and better playing than even other high-end guitars costing twice as much.
Take a look at the side of the fretboard. Notice how the fret tangs are completely hidden? We use precision-cut pocketed fret slots, resulting in a more rigid neck and a smoother feel for the player. No more ridges or jutting fret ends!
The neck pocket uses heavy-duty machine bolts and threaded inserts to join the neck to the body, creating a stronger, more serviceable joint than the typical four wood screws.
The lower bout cutaway lets you play the Mercury Head in a variety of positions without any stress on your fretting hand, including classical-style.
Base Price: $2,600
- Premium alder
- Gloss polyester finish in your choice of basic colors
- Forearm and belly contours
- Maple with maple fretboard
- 25.5″ scale length
- Sculpted neck joint with 2 machine bolts and threaded inserts
- Medium-fat C neck profile (0.87″@1st fret, 0.97″@12th fret)
- 1-11/16″ nut width
- Gloss polyester, sanded polyester or sanded Tru-Oil finish
- Single-action truss rod with spoke-wheel heel access
- 22 Jescar 57110 nickel silver frets
- Blank fretboard or dot inlays
- Side position dot markers
- Graphtech TUSQ XL nut
- Super-Vee BladeRunner vibrato bridge or Hipshot hardtail bridge
- Hipshot locking tuners
- Electrosocket jack plate with Switchcraft jack
- Solid acrylic or 3-ply plastic pickguard, standard switch tip and knobs
- Oversize strap buttons
- DiMarzio Virtual Solo and Area T noiseless single-coil pickups
- Fully shielded body cavities
- 250k CTS audio taper pots
- 3-way Oak Grigsby pickup selector blade switch
- .022uF Orange Drop tone cap
- Gator hardshell case or PRO TEC Contego ballistic nylon semi-hard gigbag