The Mercury Head is an ergonomic, road-worthy guitar with a unique twist.
We use precision-cut pocketed fret slots, resulting in a smoother feel for the player, with no ridges or jutting fret ends.
Heavy-duty machine bolts and threaded inserts join the neck to the body, creating a stronger, more serviceable joint than the traditional four wood screws.
The lower bout cutaway lets you play the Mercury Head in a variety of positions without stress on your fretting hand, including classical-style.
Base Price: $2,600
- Gloss polyester finish in your choice of basic colors
- Forearm and belly contours
- Maple with maple fretboard
- 25.5″ scale length
- Sculpted neck joint with 2 machine bolts and threaded inserts
- Medium C neck profile (0.87″@1st fret, 0.97″@12th fret)
- 1-11/16″ nut width
- Gloss polyester, sanded polyester or sanded Tru-Oil finish
- Single-action truss rod with spoke-wheel heel access
- 22 Jescar 57110 nickel silver frets
- Blank fretboard or dot inlays
- Side position dot markers
- Graphtech TUSQ XL nut
- Super-Vee BladeRunner vibrato bridge or Hipshot hardtail bridge
- Hipshot locking tuners
- Electrosocket jack plate with Switchcraft jack
- Solid acrylic or 3-ply plastic pickguard, standard switch tip and knobs
- Oversize strap buttons
- DiMarzio pickups
- Full shielding
- 250k CTS pots
- 3-way Oak Grigsby pickup selector switch
- .022uF Orange Drop tone cap
- Gator hardshell case or PRO TEC Contego ballistic nylon semi-hard gigbag
- Stainless steel frets: $150
- Dark roasted maple neck: $50
- Dark roasted maple fretboard: $15
- Other woods, neck specs, colors, hardware, electronics, case/gigbag: $TBD